Welcome to New Awareness Therapy! Now offering appointments via tele-health using Zoom (a secure video conferencing system), from the convenience of your home or office. My specialty areas include:
- Couples therapy on a variety of issues, using Gottman Method Couples Therapy. I have been very impressed with the extensive, longitudinal research done by a team headed by Dr. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman, and with the practical application of their discoveries in improving relationships for couples of all ages.
- Family therapy. I love helping families learn how to get along with each other better!
- Financial therapy. I have been very interested in behavioral finance and the "psychology of money" for many years, and am excited to offer financial therapy here in Colorado. Financial therapy is a great fit for me, having master's degrees in both Community Counseling and in Consumer Science.
- Employee Assistance Program counseling. As people go through stressful life situations, I am here to help.
- Therapy for couples, families, and individuals.
- Financial therapy, a relationship-oriented approach to optimal money management.
- Workshops and educational programs are available, on topics related to couples, families, and money issues.
- Training and collaborations on money-related issues with financial advisors and therapists.
Payment can be made by check, cash, Venmo, Cash App, or Pay Pal, and is expected at the time of the appointment. (Credit cards are not accepted). Insurance companies that I work with include: Cigna, ComPsych, Mental Health Connections, Multiplan, Mutual of Omaha, Rocky Mountain Health Plans, and United Behavioral Health. Other clients can be given invoices to submit for reimbursement to their Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and/or their insurance companies.
I work with a number of Employee Assistance programs, include ComPsych and Mutual of Omaha. ComPsych is the Employee Assistance Program for many local businesses, including employees of:
- Colorado State University
- The City of Fort Collins
- Intel Corporation
- Larimer County
- New Belgium Brewing Company
- University of Colorado Health
Depending on their employer’s plan, employees and family members can each get three to eight no-cost sessions per year, per issue.