Books & DVDs to help improve couples relationships: There are many authors who have written books about improving relationships, but my favorite is John Gottman due to his extensive, longitudinal research with both happy couples and those who are having problems. For more information, see: www.gottman.com.
- Gottman, John; and Silver, Nan, The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work, Crown Publishers, newly updated in 2015! (originally published in 1999), 271 pages.
- Gottman, John; and Silver, Nan, What Makes Love Last? How to Build Trust and Avoid Betrayal, Simon & Schuster, 2012, 243 pages.
- Gottman, John; and Gottman, Julie Schwartz, And Baby Makes Three: The Six-Step Plan for Preserving Marital Intimacy and Rekindling Romance After Baby Arrives, Crown Publishers, 2007, 272 pages.
- Gottman, John; Gottman, Julie Schwartz; and DeClaire, Joan, Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America’s Love Lab Experts Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your Relationship, Crown Publishers, 2006, 275 pages.
- Gottman, John; and DeClaire, Joan, The Relationship Cure: A Five-Step Guide for Building Better Connections With Family, Friends, and Lovers, Crown Publishers, 2001, 319 pages.
Books about financial issues:
- Kobliner, Beth, Get a Financial Life: Personal Finances in Your Twenties and Thirties, Touchstone/Simon & Shuster, 2017, 291 pages.
- Malkiel, Burton, A Random Walk Down Wall Street, W.W. Norton, 2016 (originally published 1973), 496 pages.
- Richards, Carl, The One-Page Financial Plan: A Simple Way to Be Smart About Your Money, Penguin, 2015, 224 pages.
- Cygan, Donna Skeels, The Joy of Financial Security: The Art and Science of Becoming Happier, Managing Your Money Wisely, and Creating a More Secure Financial Future, Sage Future Press, 2013, 364 pages.
- Richards, Carl, The Behavior Gap: Simple Ways to Stop Doing Dumb Things With Money, Portfolio/Penguin, 2012, 178 pages.
- Vanderkam, Laura, All The Money in the World: What the Happiest People Know about Getting and Spending, Penguin, 2012, 256 pages.
- Klontz, Brad; and Klontz, Ted, Mind Over Money: Overcoming the Money Disorders That Threaten Our Financial Health, Broadway Books, 2009, 286 pages.
- Klontz, Brad; Klontz, Ted; and Kahler, Rick, Wired for Wealth: Change the Money Mindsets That Keep You Trapped and Unleash Your Wealth Potential, Health Communications, 2008, 244 pages.
Books & DVDs about parenting:
- Coloroso, Barbara, Kids Are Worth It: Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline, Harper Collins, 2002 (originally published 1994), 352 pages. My all-time favorite parenting book!
- Faber, Adele; and Mazlish, Elaine, How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, Scribner, 30th anniversary edition, 2012, 368 pages.
- Faber, Adele; and Mazlish, Elaine, Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too, W.W. Norton, 2012 (originally published 1987), 288 pages.
- Gottman, John; and DeClaire, Joan, The Heart of Parenting: How to Raise an Emotionally Intelligent Child, Simon & Schuster, 1997, 240 pages.